Tallaght Rehabilitation Project
’Providing drug & alcohol rehabilitation within the local community’
Would you like to be an employee of a successful Community Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Organisation?
Tallaght Rehabilitation Project CLG, Kiltalown House, Jobstown, Dublin 24, wish to recruit for the following position;
Part-time Aftercare Supervisor
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for the smooth delivery and organisation of the Tallaght Wide Aftercare Service. The Aftercare Supervisor will also strategically develop, enhance and promote the service for our clients who are progressing to the advanced stage of the recovery process.
The position is part-time work (25 hrs per week) with some evening hours necessary. Rate of pay is €25,800.00 per annum.
The professional qualifications and experience required for this position are as follows:
- A third level qualification in the field of addiction
- Experience of working within a community based organisation (desirable) but not essential.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant supervisory/ team leader role
- Knowledge and experience of leading a team and an understanding of the aftercare concept within the drug and alcohol recovery process
- Membership/accreditation of Addiction Counsellors of Ireland (ACI) or Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) or relevant managerial accreditation would be desirable.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in devising and participating in the delivery of organisational workplan and strategic planning
- To represent the Tallaght Rehabilitation Project organisation and promote Aftercare services and rehabilitation at various Statutory and Community Network meetings
- Knowledge and experience in the use of the ECASS data system would be desirable.
All interested candidates should forward by email a cover letter and CV for the attention of the Manager at the following email address: email@example.com
Please see attached a copy of the overall job description
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 25th April 2018 at 5pm
This post is funded by the following government agencies and in conjunction with
Job Title: Part-time Aftercare Supervisor
Responsibility: To report to the Manager of the TRP organisation
Responsible for: The direct delivery and enhancement of the Tallaght Wide Aftercare Services
Objective: To effectively organise and deliver an Aftercare service for people in the Tallaght and Dublin 24 area who are in recovery from drug and alcohol problems. To develop and enhance the service so people who utilise the programme can progress to education and social drug and alcohol free activities.
Hours of Work: This is a part-time position (25 hrs). With some evening hours necessary.
Professional Qualification and Experience:
- A degree/diploma in addiction work and theory, psychology or a related qualification.
- Demonstrate an exceptional track record in the addiction field and working with vulnerable people who have experienced addiction issues.
- Experience in working in a multidisciplinary team and to be able to respond to tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent social and communication skills, experience of working within a community based project would be desirable but not essential.
- Good IT and administration skills: to ensure that written records relevant to the aftercare service are kept in line with good governance and practice and adhere to data protection guidelines.
- To ensure confidentially to the service and its patrons at all times.
- To prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports as requested by the Manager and Board of Management.
- Ongoing development enhancement and networking with relevant statutory, voluntary and community organisations, to attend meetings of Local Community and Statutory subgroups.
- To attend weekly Managerial and Team meetings.
- To uphold all policies and procedures of the TRP organisation.
- To facilitate Therapeutic process group therapy, relapse prevention workshops and one to one key-working for clients of the Aftercare.
- Experience of developing modules and planning activities in response to service demand.
- To work with the Manager to identify the needs of the client group of the Tallaght Wide Aftercare Service.
- To participate in the overall strategy and annual yearly work-plan of the TRP Organisation.
- Commit to ongoing further training and personal development in relation to the role of Aftercare supervisor.
The job contract will be for 1 year subject to 3 probationary quarterly reviews which will be facilitated by the manager & the therapeutic team leader of Tallaght Rehabilitation Project.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The Management may review this job description from time to time to reflect the needs of the organisation and our target group.