About Tallaght Drugs Force
Tallaght Drug & Alcohol Task Force is one of 14 Local Drugs Task Forces set up in 1997 to facilitate a more effective response to the issue of substance misuse.
The role of Tallaght Drug & Alcohol Task Force (TDATF) is to commission and co-ordinate high quality drug, alcohol and related support services across Tallaght (Dublin 24) & Whitechurch areas. It achieves this by working in partnership with all those concerned to reduce the harm caused by substance misuse and the impacts of same on the individual user, their families and communities.
The Task Force consists of a wide range of professional representatives who meet regularly to implement their local strategic priority actions and those included in the National Drug & Alcohol Strategy. TDATF consist of representatives from the Community, Voluntary, Statutory and Political sectors.
The vision of TDATF is to be the central coordinating body in Tallaght and Whitechurch advocating on behalf of individuals, families and communities in relation to alcohol and substance misuse and related harm.
Our mission is to facilitate and coordinate the effective local implementation of national alcohol and substance misuse strategies. We do this by
- Empowering families, communities, and individuals to proactively address alcohol and substance misuse in the home, the community and their lives.
- Providing up to date information and education on alcohol and substances – impacts, related harm, supports and services for individuals, families and communities in Tallaght and Whitechurch areas.
- Leading interagency work and collaboration to best support individuals, families and communities in addressing their needs in relation to alcohol and substance misuse.
- Facilitating services in the Tallaght and Whitechurch areas to work cohesively in responding to the needs of, individuals, families and communities impacted by alcohol and substance misuse through prevention, rehabilitation and family support programmes that reflect best practice.
- Modelling effective governance and regularly reviewing TDATF structures/performance with a view to maintaining the highest standards of best practice to service the Tallaght and Whitechurch areas.
Our current local strategic themes are:
- Improved Service User & Community Outcomes
- Effective Partnership
- Increased Capacity
Get in touch
Tallaght Drug & Alcohol Task Force
South Dublin County Partnership
Block 3, County Hall
Belgard Square North
Tallaght, Dublin 24.